Skip to main content

Music Monday: Best Music Moments From Supernatural, Season 1 & 2


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

If you've been visiting my blog for awhile, you have probably realized that Supernatural is one of my favorite shows.  The series also has an excellent classic rock soundtrack, so this week I thought I'd share two of my favorite music moments from season one and two of the series.  From the first season, I've picked "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult (1976) which is featured in episode twelve, "Faith".  This is one of my favorite episodes from that season and this is really where I started to pay attention to the music in the series.  From season two, I've selected "Renegade" by Styx (1978) which is featured in episode twelve of that season too, "Nightshifter".  This one might be one of the best music cues of the entire series actually.





Comments

  1. It's so weird seeing them so young ! The first seasons are so good ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some really great music moments! I love the Don't fear the reaper one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren!

    I do hope you are well! xx

    Hopefully you read about my Internet troubles and how my laptop just stopped working. I do apologise for not being around on our last couple of days as comment challenge partners.

    I love this music challenge. Also, would you believe, I just ordered City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare and it came through the post today. Spooky!

    It's a series I've not read, but I am still hearing a lot about it, so I started to collect them.And I found 4 in a charity shop, so had to buy the rest! Oddly the one I received today was a much larger version than the others I'd found. Still, great looking book and the front cover matches all the rest I have - older versions I think!

    Anyway, hope you are having a great day. I'm going to be around as normal again, and have just frantically been catching up over the last few days.

    Hugs

    Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Sassy!

      No problem - glad you've gotten it figured out! :)

      I love Clare's Shadowhunteres universe! Plus, I can't resist a good deal at a thrift store - you'll never know what you might find! I also love going to overstock/ bargain outlet stores - I just happened to pick up the last two Cormoran Strike books in hardback both for $6 (rather than about $60)! What finds we've both had!

      See you around and thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about going back and rewatching Supernatural seasons 1-5 (the only ones that count, in my mind) and I've been humming Wayward Son like all week, lol.

    I love (Don't Fear) the Reaper so much! It's definitely one of my go to songs when I'm writing for some reason. Great picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then I'll watch early favorites. :)

      I've been doing the same!

      Thanks for coming over, Sam!

      Delete
  5. I love that show so much! I need to binge watch the earlier seasons again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows