Skip to main content

Music Monday: Lesser Known Halloween Tunes


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


Happy Halloween everyone!  Today, I was thinking of sharing some pretty standard Halloween-esque songs, until I stumbled upon this list of more obscure songs that are just perfect for Halloween from the 1950s-1970s via MeTV Network.  Here are my three favorites featured on the list:

"Music To Be Murdered By" by Jeff Alexander (feat. Alfred Hitchcock) (1958) - You may recognize some of the iconic Alfred Hitchcock Presents theme (aka Funeral March of a Marionette by Charles Gounod) plus Hitchcock's own voice!  I'm not going to lie, it sets the mood perfectly.



"She's My Witch" by Kip Tyler (1958) - Seriously, why isn't this more well known?  It has the perfect dark rockabilly surf sound!  Also, I was messing around with the speed options and I'll have to admit that it sounds really good at 1.25 and 1.5, too.



"Grave Yard Creep" by James Duhon (1974) - I think I need to get a jukebox just to listen to this (and She's My Witch) soul number that makes about the best use of bongos of any Halloween song I've ever heard!




Comments

  1. I didn't even consider Halloween options. The only Halloween songs I can think of are Spooky Scary Skeletons, but that one is just silly. And
    I Put a Spell on You. Love the song, but I didn't really think about it until I saw your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some really great songs. Thanks for mentioning them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows