Skip to main content

Your Future Book Tag

I saw the Your Future Book Tag over at Books For Thought and I thought it looked pretty cool, so I've tagged myself to complete it.  

The Tag:

You need to choose five books right way.  These books will be used to answer the questions throughout the tag.  The five books I have chosen are the books I'm planning to read after I've worked my way through my library books:



1. Sharps by K.J. Parker


2. The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh


3. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han


4. Rook by Sharon Cameron


5. Gideon by Alex Gordon

The Questions:

1. Open book 1 to a random page. Look at the first word on the page. If it’s less than 5 letters, you will go to college. If it’s more than 5 letters, you won’t go to college (Sharps).


Page 294 - first word is three letters.  I went to college.  Good for me!

2. Open book 1 to a random page. The first name you see. Think of that persons job, that will be your job. Note: Is that person still in school? You will be a teacher. You don’t know that persons job? You will be unemployed (Sharps).

Page 264 - first name to appear is Giraut.  From what I can make out he is a perpetual student and an a greatly skilled member of a fencing guild.  I'm going to be a fencing teacher!!  I'd  like to learn how to fence...

3. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be the person you will marry (The Wrath & the Dawn).

Page 240 - first name to appear is Tariq.  Okay.

4. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be your best friend (The Wrath and the Dawn).

Page 70 - Shahrzad is the first name to come up on the page.  The two of us will be best pals!

5. Open book 3 to a random page. Look at the second word on the page. Count how many letters that word has, remove 2 letters. That’s how many children you will have (To All The Boys I've Loved Before).

Page 76 - the second word has 4 letters, so minus two equals 2.  Tariq and I will 2 children in this bookish future.

6. How many children did you have? Open the third book as many times to see who your children will be. If you have no children, open the book once. The first name you will see, will be something of your choice. A couple of examples: neighbor, father in law etc (To All The Boys I've Loved Before).

Page 38 and 81 - Peter and Josh are two of the names that appear on these pages -  we will have two darling little boys.

7. Book 4: Where does this book take place? This will be the place you will live (Rook).

This book is set in the Sunken City which was once Paris.  Hey, Paris - I'll take it!

8. Open book 4 to a random place, the first name you see, does this person have a car, bike etc.? That will be your transportation. Note: teleporting, broom etc. is allowed. If your character had no means of transportation that you know of, you will be using public transportation (Rook).

Page 1 - Sophia is the name of the first character to appear.  I'm not sure if she has a means of transportation or not, but she does seem to be using a tunnel system.  So I guess that means I'll be using public transportation, then.

9. Does this book have any animals in it? Pick your favorite animal, that will be your pet. No animals in the book? You will have no pet (Rook).

I'm not exactly sure, but there is the use of a red-tipped rook feather.  So, it sounds like I'll have a pet rook - I've just decided to go with this rather my personal favorite).  I've never had a pet bird before...

10. Open book 5 to a random page. The first name you see will be your enemy (Gideon).

Page 152 - The first name to appear is Lauren.  Hehehe - I feel so betrayed!

My Future:

As a perpetual college student with multiple degrees and a fantastic talent with a with a blade, I am a world-class fencing instructor with students coming from all over the world to be taught by me.  However, my studies come first, so I only teach these classes on a part-time basis.  Some of my students have waited nearly a year just to get a one-on-one session with me!


My husband, Tariq, and I have known each other for nearly as long as either one of us can remember.  We've been on all kinds of amazing adventures over the years.  He also helps coordinate the fencing lessons I give and he's a brilliant duelist in his own right.  Shahrzad is another one of my best friends.  I think I've known her for nearly as long as I've known Tariq, in fact.  She's stayed in touch with us over the years since we've been married and has been one of the best friends either of us could ask for.  Tariq and I have two darling boys - Peter is our oldest at 14 and Josh is 10.  Of course, Shahrzad is their favorite member of the family just going on how often they're over at her place for dinner.

We live in an amazing apartment in the Latin Quarter of Paris and it's so close to the Sorbonne where I study.  There are so many astounding landmarks and museums within walking distance.  It's crazy to think that there's so much to see in our own backyard.  Although I don't own a car, I can get by pretty easily by walking or utilizing the public transportation system.  Tariq and I grew up in the country where you needed a car to do anything, so although we've lived her for years we still surprised that everything is right here waiting for us.

When I put it like that everything sounds perfect, doesn't it?  Well, there are problems in my life - our lives - just like anyone else, but nothing we can't handle.  I guess my one real problem was Lauren - is Lauren.  Awhile back she betrayed me in a big way.  I don't like to talk about it because that means reliving what she did.  Eventually, I was able to send her packing and get her out of my life for good.  Sometimes, though, I catch myself thinking that she's going to pop back up in my life when I least expect it and ruin something I hold dear just like before....

I would say more, but I hear the family pet's trying to get my attention.  She's a rook, by the way.  Must be hungry, as usual.



Wow!  That was one of the best tags I've done in quite awhile.  Thanks for making it this far with me.  I might have to dig up more tags like this.

I tag anyone who would like to participate - have fun everyone!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh this looks so fun! I'll definitely be doing this on my blog in a few days. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I can't wait to see your book future! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun. :) I love tags.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review