Skip to main content

The War of the Sidhe: Dawn Arising by Annalise Josephine Sullivan - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

I won a free copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads Program.

Fifteen-year-old Lilith Becker is a regular Los Angeles teen. Until, that is, she learns she's a Descendant of The Morrígan of ancient Irish mythology, and is a part of a prophecy that could decide the fate of mankind. She'll have to make a decision between the light and darkness, a decision that will move the war beyond humans.

If you enjoy Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief, or perhaps even Hounded by Kevin Hearne, you will love this action-packed YA fantasy novel. Annalise Josephine Sullivan works Celtic mythology into this wonderful series opener to great effect.

I loved meeting our cast, especially considering how the author would depict the Tuatha Dé Danann in relation to Lilith. She did a pretty fantastic job, and Lilith herself is also well-drawn. I am looking forward to seeing more of the Sidhe world, and even other pantheons.

The only reason I'm giving this four stars is because I caught quite a few typos sprinkled throughout the novel, pulling me out of the story. Nonetheless, The War of the Sidhe: Dawn Arising comes highly recommended from me. I cannot wait to see where the rest of this series goes with In the Light of Day and As the Sunlight Dies.


I read this book from December 2 - 26, 2014 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early